Our client who deals with HVAC Equipment is looking for Sales Engineers.
This position focuses all sales related efforts on building relationships with mechanical engineers and contractors.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Reports to: Director of Sales
Experience: 5 Year in HVAC Sales
1. Promotes HVAC equipment sales to mechanical engineers and contractors.
- Assists mechanical engineers and contractors with problems involving the use of HVAC equipment and services and recommends suitable resolutions according to their needs.
- Effectively communicates solutions utilizing product lines and development of presentations.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arranges for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Promote additional HVAC products Air Conditioners (domestic as well as commercial), Chillers, including grills, registers, diffusers, etc.
- Handles various calls and inquiries from engineers and contractors.
- Attends trades shows or conventions to promote products.
2. Prepares proposals and bids for HVAC equipment sales of company products and services.
- Develops sales proposals, specifications, estimates, and presentations.
- Performs layouts with engineers and contractors as directed.
- Prepares quotes for new products or services.
- Negotiates prices or terms of sales or service agreements.
- Follows up with engineers and contractors on bids
- Prepares formal submittals containing schematics, descriptions and technical information for use and approval by owner’s representative.
- Places and tracks orders and coordinates orders with engineers and contractors
3. Builds and maintains customer, prospect and other relationships
- Meets regularly with mechanical engineers and contractors to build relationships and prospect for new business leads.
- Identifies and maintains prospect list.
- Participates in various civic and professional organizations to network and build relationships
- Directs customer relationship management programs.
- Solicits feedback from key customers regarding service delivery.
- Routinely visits project sites
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves difficult and sensitive issues.
- Maintains customer records, using designated computer and electronic systems and media.
- Works in conjunction with sales team to coordinate sales and business development activities
- Participates in sales team meetings
- Shares opportunities and information with relevant team members.
- Collaborates with sales team to understand and promote other company products and services.
- Recommends process improvements as identified
- • Bachelor’s degree in mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related field.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of experience in mechanical engineering systems or related field
- Minimum two years in technical product sales.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and HVAC concepts and operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical abilities to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and create and interpret graphs.
- Ability to build rapport and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to evaluate urgency of situation and prioritize tasks.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Sales Engineers) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th August 2016.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.