The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles
The ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi (Industrial Area) is seeking an experienced & highly motivated individual to fill the position of Deputy Head of Supply Chain.
- Ensures the supply chain at Logistics Support Centre Nairobi continues meeting the required service level as per the ICRC standard and customers’ expectations.
- Coordinates and monitors operations with Warehouse, IMPEX, Fleet and Procurement departments to ensure that operational effectiveness is maintained at all times.
- Ensures that ICRC Logistics Procedures are in place and enforced strictly within the department.
- Acts as a regional focal point for the ICRC ERP system (JD Edwards).
- Carries Out briefing / training of new staff in the Supply Chain department,
- Maintains close relations with customers and other ICRC departments.
- Replaces the Head of Supply Chain during leave of absence
- Master’s Degree In Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or its equivalent from a recognized university:
- Minimum 6 years work experience in a similar field;
- Professional experience with ERP system (JD Edwards an added advantage);
- Advanced Computer Skills (Particularly Microsoft excel);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong team leadership skills and supervision experience.
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability:
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions:
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- High organizational and analytical skills:
- Experience in humanitarian logistics is an asset;
- Kindly note that only Kenyan Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to Apply
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 02nd September 2016
Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees
Please note that on short-listed candidates will be contacted
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the Red Cross
Logistics Support Centre.
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100 (GPO),
You can also find details of this position on https://www.icrc.org/en/who-we-are/jobs/opportunity/deputy-head-supply-chain