Position: Centre Manager
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is Reproductive Health and Family Planning to millions of the world’s poorest and vulnerable women, is seeking to recruit a Centre Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide all methods of short and long-term contraceptive methods, including injections, implants and IUDs.
- Cervical screening, STI screening and treatment and VCT
- Removal of implants and IUDs where required to a consistently high standard and in accordance with clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Assistance with tubal ligation and vasectomy procedures.
- Conduct weekly checking of essential equipment, promptly inform the Team Leader of their current status, and following up repairs or maintenance as required.
- Carry out all nursing procedures (as laid down in the procedure manual).
- Ensure instruments are appropriately sterilised and stored in compliance with infection control protocols, to maintain high standards of cleanliness and infection control measures
- Support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- Promote and ensure proper use of the Client Information Centre (CLIC)
- Support new team members in their induction & orientation and assist with training as
- Prepare annual business plans with SMART objectives and strategic plans of how to achieve them.
- Continually assess all areas of the service provided to clients to ensure continued financial viability and take tough decisions where services are deemed non-viable
- Continually review the efficiency of the centre, especially with regards to the core services
- Monitor income and expenditure, seeking support from Finance as required, and take appropriate action to ensure financial KPIs are met
- Instill a marketing culture with teams so that everyone is aware of their individual responsibility for the success of their centre.
- Optimise capacity within the centre by efficiently managing human resources; continually reviewing the effectiveness of systems and working practices; and maintaining an effective client flow to minimise client wait times.
- Ensure compliance with national minimum healthcare standards taking immediate action where appropriate on any areas identified for improvements as a result of internal or external audits or inspections.
- Ensure there is an appropriate plan in place which anticipates any risks to your centre and outlines appropriate action to be taken to minimise impact.
- Ensure no over/under- stocking and also that stock is well handled
- Take overall responsibility for team, client and general safety in the Centre and as a consequence of its activities.
- Utilisation and close supervision of the Client Information Center software (CLIC)
- Promote and maintain the quality management systems as laid out by our Client
- Ensure client feedback and prompt conclusion to potential clients complaints
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Healthcare field
- Significant operational, hands on management including team management gained within a customer focused service industry
- Healthcare Management experience
- Have held, worked to and/or monitored a budget or business plan
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 7th September, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.