Based in Bungoma or Yala
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
We are seeking experienced and talented individual to take up the position of Warehouse Associate in the Logistics department.
The Warehouse Associate will be based at the Warehouse in Bungoma or Yala.
The Warehouse Associate will report directly to the Warehouses Manager.
- Inventory Management – managing deliveries and transfers of goods from suppliers and to other warehouses.
- Maintaining accurate records – the warehouse associate will take responsibility for any missing or unaccounted for inventory!
- Daily reporting of warehouse activities.
- Counting the inventory.
- Maintaining the safety and security of all inputs stored in the warehouse.
- Organizing all inventory per established warehouse layout.
- Preparing warehouse for physicals counts by internal auditors.
- Receiving official OAF visitors to warehouse e.g. (OAF Donors).
- Receiving and preparing invoices from NCPB.
- Casual laborer screening, training and orientation.
- Managing warehouse staff during input delivery season.
- Payment document processing e.g. rent, casual, electric bill, fleet vendor etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience in logistics.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong work ethic – will be responsible for leading the warehouse team during the busy delivery season.
- Leadership experience – Warehouse Associate will supervise a team of causal laborers
- Strong Math Skills – Essential that all counts be accurate
- Integrity – Warehouse Associate will bear personal responsibility for inputs in the warehouse
- Positive attitude – Open to feedback from supervisors
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Opportunity to grow and salary increase are based on performance.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Warehouse Associate and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 12th September 2016.
To apply, please click on this : http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51091965509966
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must be 18years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.