IRC has 5 main programs which include; Health, Nutrition, Protection, Reproductive Health with HIV/AIDS and a Women Empowerment program, that are overseen by a manager who in turn reports to the Field Coordinator.
The eye program is an integral part of the Health services provided and has a full-fledged static eye clinic that also provides outreach services to all the camps across the larger Dadaab.
IRC aims to engage the services of two cataract surgeons/consultants for the surgical eye camp to be conducted within the last week of the Month of August, 2016 with previous experience of working in hagadera especially with refugee communities.
Objective of the consultancy
- To provide consultation services to IRC, for the benefit of all such booked patients.
- To perform cataract surgical operations at the IRC hospital, to all eligible patients with operable cataracts in order to restore vision.
- All the pre booked eye patients and those with operable cataracts will be attended and/or operated by the specialists and specific treatment provided.
In liaison with the Health Manager, the specialist’s/consultants will be required to:
- Conduct special clinics for all listed patients for review by the consultant.
- Perform surgical operations for all pre-screened patients with operable cataracts.
- Prepare and submit a concise report with a summary of patients seen/ attended/operated, to the Health Manager at the end of the 6 day camp period.
IRC Hospital eye staff will undertake to ensure the ready availability of a comprehensive list of the pre-screened patients with operable cataracts for the consultants.
IRC will bare the transport and freight charges of the cataract surgeon from Nairobi to Hagadera and back upon completion of the consultancy.
The IRC will ensure adequate stock of all drugs and other allied supplies, including requisite theatre staff.
The IRC will provide free accommodation for the specialist cataract surgeons with their team during the camp. However, the surgeons will be expected to contribute to the catering kitty for lunch, breakfast and dinner @ 1,250 per day.
Consultancy Venue: At the IRC hospital in Hagadera.
Duration of consultancy: The engagement of the consultancy shall be for 6 days; commencing on 22nd to 27th, August, 2016.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.