The eye unit is the referral eye unit for the entire camp and reviews all emergency and elective cases. The interventions done include both surgical and medical.
The IRC plans to have 1 ophthalmic technician from the ministry of health, ophthalmic division to visit the Hagadera eye unit and assess the ophthalmic eye equipment to service, repair and calibrate.
Objective of the consultancy
- To service the eye equipment at the IRC Hagadera Hospital.
- To maintain and calibrate the eye equipment accurately
- To facilitate training to the eye staffs on proper care of the equipment.
Tasks to be performed
In liaison with the health manager and the ophthalmic officer:
- Service the eye equipment at the IRC Hagadera Hospital eye unit
- Maintain and calibrate the eye equipment accurately
- Training to the eye staffs on proper care of the equipment
- Prepare and submit the final report to the Health Manager on the assessment and recommendations.
- IRC will provide transport of the technician from Nairobi and back after the consultancy.
- IRC will provide accommodation and cater for the meals
Duration of consultancy: The consultancy is expected to last for 3 days from 24th to 26th August, 2016.
Terms of payment and Utility:
- The IRC will pay the technician a standard payment of 4500 per equipment service for the 16 equipment.
- The IRC will facilitate transport of the consultant to and from Nairobi/Hagadera.
- The IRC will provide accommodation for the technician at IRC compound.
- The IRC will pay for his/her meals at IRC Hagadera-cafeteria.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.