This position’s mandate extends to provision of guidance and oversight to field logistics activities.
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC logistics and administrative policies and procedures across the country programme.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Finance, Programmes and field Supply Chain to ensure integrated internal controls on warehousing, assets management and administrative activities supported by full and auditable documentation.
- Oversee and supervise the implementation and maintenance of transparent and responsive warehouse and asset management processes at the country office and field sites, ensuring all logistics and admin activities are carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the receipt, inspection and delivery of supplies.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure up-to-date information is maintained for warehouse stocks, assets, vehicle fleet and travel operations
- Collect and share market information that may be relevant to effective performance of Logistics and Admin functions
- Support and provide appropriate trainings for Country Office Logistics and non-Logistics staff as required.
- Advise and guide the field Supply Chain teams on Logistics and Admin-specific issues
- Regularly visit all field sites to monitor compliance of Logistics (warehousing, assets management, fleet management and admin) activities with IRC & Donor regulations; conduct capacity reviews and implement capacity building initiatives for field staff in the logistics and admin functions under his/her docket
- Be the focal point for all logistics and admin activities referred from the field to Country Office for guidance or approval by senior management, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of related documentation and compliance with IRC and Donor Spolicies and procedures
- Timely preparation and sharing of standard weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reports, including the weekly and monthly Warehouse Inventory and Asset reports.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of Global Supply Chain KPIs and Improvement initiatives
- Contribute to the timely preparation of monthly Supply Chain Management Reports for submission to Global Supply Chain
- Establishment/maintenance of efficient and effective warehousing and assets management operations and systems
- Operation of a well-maintained, safe and reliable vehicle fleet for staff movement
- Provision of effective and reliable administrative services at the Country Office and field sites
- Timely reporting through an up-to-date and accurate management information system for maintaining and tracking Warehousing, Assets and Fleet Management metrics
- Capacity development and empowerment of Logistics and Admin staff to ensure they have the tools, knowledge and skills required to perform their duties
- Application and enforcement of IRC and Donor Logistics-related policies and regulations at both the country office and field sites
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or a related area with Professional Diploma qualification in Supply Chain/Warehousing/Logistics and 5 years’ practical experience in Admin, Warehousing, Fleet Management and Travel Management, OR
- A degree in another specialization out of the above areas with a Professional Diploma qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Logistics and 7 Years’ practical experience in Admin Admin, Warehousing, Fleet Management and Travel Management
- At least two years’ supervisory experience in a large, busy organization; preferably in a humanitarian or development organization
- High degree or personal integrity
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access.
- Demonstrable knowledge of suppliers and availability of materials in Kenya
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative; ability to work without/under minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Strong supervisory skills
- Pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good inter-personal relationship skills
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.