Reporting to: Finance Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an high performing inventory management team
- Establishing and implementing inventory management policies and procedures.
- Lead the Perform daily weekly and monthly physical stock checks in all the Branches and highlight variances to the management.
- Perform weekly and monthly physical assets and tools counts in the company and high light variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
- Maintaining acceptable and accurate inventory levels at warehouse/inventory locations based on Re-order levels
- Identify shortfalls and surplus inventory, daily, weekly and monthly for replenishment.
- Coordinate with accounts department and marketing department to ensure that all product costs are properly taken in the cost of sales and inventory costs.
- Responsible for communicating with all department managers and purchasing on inventory levels and locations.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Reviewing obsolete/redundant inventory to facilitate their removal from the warehouse.
- Assist Financial Manager in ad-hoc relevant projects.
- Assist other functional units within the Finance team in carrying out jobs as and when required by the management.
- Ensure accurate posting of all inventory transactions to the ERP system
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or suitable background experience in inventory management in retail
- CPA ‘K’ holder.
- Operationally oriented and comfortable working in a retail company environment and experience with branch operations would be ideal.
- Have a detailed understanding of current inventory control systems with a working knowledge of retail company processes.
- 4 years’ experience in a busy environment in which 2 years in the relevant/same field
- Experience in using SAGE as an accounting system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply