Head Accounting and Finance
Who we are: Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Service.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
Job Description: As Head Accounting and Finance you work directly with the CFO’s and founding teams which you support in interdisciplinary issues such as controlling and accounting.
You will also work with the AIG CFO to make sure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
The position of Head Accounting and Finance entails:
- Responsibility for all finance related requirements involve the following:
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll, bank reconciliation and tax filings,
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses and supporting the analysis of financial results to the executive leadership team and Partner group,
- Ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements,
- Supporting the evaluation of cash flow projections,
- Support in the design of policies and processes for internal control in order to minimize, business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards,
- Developing country/product specific policies and procedures to improve overall operation/effectiveness.
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of processing receivable and payables
- At least 2 years of experience in the industry (i.e. outside of a public accounting firm
- International experience either through living abroad or working on multiple short and long term projects/assignments abroad
- At least 5 Years of Public accounting in a Big Six
- Degree and local accounting qualification
- ACCA Required
- Expert level knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of making statutory filings for local taxes.
- Experience with basic accounting systems like QuickBooks or sage.
- Experience with monthly reporting.
- Potential to manage a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way.
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems.
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations.
- International experience is a plus
A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
If you feel ready to take up the challenge, send your resume to: Joinus-Kenya@jumia.com
Prospective employees should quote their current and expected salary.