Assistant Legal Manager – Risk & Compliance
Ref: IRC 847
The Position: Reporting to the Legal Manager, Risk & Compliance, this position is responsible assisting In the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company with established law and regulation.
It assists in ensuring the Company is up-to-date with any existing, proposed or new legislation and the compliance requirements to be met by the Company to be in compliance with legislation.
- Provide support in ensuring that each subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects.
- Provide legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Prepare appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Law
- Professional qualifications in law
- At least 4 year proven experience in the legal profession,
- At least 2 year experience in legal drafting.
- At least 2 year demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 5th August, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.