Assistant Legal Manager – Administration
Ref: IRC 845
The Position: Reporting to the Legal Manager, Head Office & International Business, this role assists to manage Legal Services Department Back Office administration functions for efficient and effective support in execution of the legal services mandate.
- Maintain data, records and statistics relating to contracts and own legal section
- Power of Attorney (PA) Management: Preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data / information of the KCB Kenya PAs.
- Court Orders/KRA Notices Management: Verification of Court Orders and legal guidance on implementation and execution of the same.
- Maintain and procure the department’s reference materials. Subscribe for Kenya Gazette, Legal Notices and Bills. Ensure that the Bank’s Laws of Kenya sets are updated regularly.
- Management of the procurement process through Financial Oracle system.
- Ensure that statutory Annual Returns for KCB Group are prepared and registered 14 days after Annual General Meetings.
- Oversee the Office Administration work including maintenance of legal fees’ payment register
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree in Law
- Professional qualifications in law
- At least 1 year proven experience in the legal profession,
- At least 1 year experience in legal drafting.
- At least 1 year demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title / reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 5th August, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.