The KEMRI / UW Research Collaboration aims to conduct interdisciplinary, setting-specific research aimed at improving the lives of women and children living in Kenya.
Job Title: Study Coordinator (1 Position)
- Master of Science Degree in Nursing or Public Health or Degree or Higher Diploma in Nursing or Public Health with at least 5 years of experience in infectious diseases related research activities
- At least 5 years experience coordinating research studies; clinical trial experience is preferred
- Experience in coordination of multiple sites and teams
- Experience in coordinating externally monitored studies
- Be able to design, amend and implement research protocols
- Ability to manage and supervise a team of study personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently to domestic and international supervisors in person, over the phone, on Skype, and over email.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Highly detail oriented
- Willing and ready to travel within country
The clinical study coordinator will act as the primary point person for the study and will oversee all study activities including but not limited to:
- Scheduling and managing all staff members at various study sites, training new staff members including giving briefings on all operational policies and procedures; ensuring each person understands his/her role and responsibilities
- Set up enrollment sites at various health facilities in Homa Bay and Migori County
- Act as a liason between members of hospitals, Ministry of Health, and communities including conducting regular study sensitization sessions and discussion forums.
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and community groups involved
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices for the study
- Develop quality control and assurance checks for study procedures and data
- Attend and organize training of study procedures
- Ensure all data and adverse event forms are filled out appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Observation of study procedures to ensure adherence to protocol
- Maintenance of Trial Master File and all quality control documentation
- Responsible for all ethical and pharmacy review board applications
- Pilot testing of case report forms and database
- Ensure that participant charts and specimens are conveyed daily between clinic site and the laboratory
- Coordinate staff evaluation procedures
- Make weekly reports on the administration of the study
- Address weekly data queries
- Fill-in for site staff members when necessary
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Investigators
- Uphold the mission and vision of KEMRI/UW Organization
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete the online application form and send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to Email address: email@example.com to reach us by 30th August, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.