The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) is a State Corporation established under the Film and Stage Plays Act Cap 222 Laws of Kenya to regulate the creation, broadcast, distribution and exhibition of film and broadcast content to conform to national aspirations, values, culture and morality.
Further, the Kenya Information and Communications Act (KICA) empowers KFCB to impose age restrictions on programmes to protect children and minors from exposure to harmful content.
The Board invites applications from suitable and qualified persons to fill the position below
Corporate Communications Manager
KFCB Grade 2
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Initiating and coordinating activities geared towards promoting smooth stakeholder engagement.
- Initiating, designing, developing, reviewing and implementing a Communications Strategy geared towards attaining and sustaining a positive public image of the Board;
- Managing and coordinating media processes including press briefs, press releases and publications to be disseminated to the public;
- Coordinating customer satisfaction surveys and implementing the survey recommendations;
- Coordinating interactive public functions and events to promote and publicise activities of the Board including shows, fairs and exhibitions;
- Overseeing the monitoring of print and electronic media for topical issues and other information deemed useful to the Board;
- Managing customer feedback including compliments, suggestions and complaints in liaison with the Administration Division;
- Overseeing the developing, packaging and production of communication briefs and publications for use, to the public;
- Developing, maintaining and managing an information resource centre and coordinating use of its resources:
- Managing communication channels in the Board for effective and efficient information flow.
For appointment to this grade. an applicant must have
(i) Ten (10) years’ work experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations or Marketing, three(3) of which must have been at the Senior Management level.
(ii) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Mass Communication, Communication Studies, Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Marketing or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences with a Diploma in any of the following fields: Journalism, Mass Communication, International Relations, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Marketing or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
(iii) Masters degree in any of the following fields: Journalism, Mass Communication, International Relations, Communication Studies, Public Relations, Marketing or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
(iv) Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili:
(v) Membership to a recognized professional body : and
(vi) Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing day time telephone contacts, names and contacts of three referees and certified copies of the National Identity card and both academic and professional certificates to reach the undersigned not later than 2 September, 2016
Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Classification Board
P.O. Box 44226-00100
Uchumi House, Nairobi