The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality oil and gas from source to the customer.
The Company (KPC) is in the process of developing a Center of Excellence (COE) for building human capacity by offering training programs that are geared towards the needs of oil and gas pipeline operations in Eastern Africa Region.
KPC seeks to appoint a suitable candidate, who should be a dynamic, visionary and results-oriented person of high ethical standards and professionalism to the position of:
Deputy Director (Training / Academics and Linkages)
Overall Purpose: Reporting to the Director, COE he/she will be responsible for day to day running of the institution, implementing and maintaining excellent training programs and facilities.
The Director will have the mandate of establishing a strong training, academic and linkages foundation for the Centre.
Duration: Three (3) year contract terms (renewable subject to good performance)
- Developing and implementing a master plan for the COE for training, academics and linkages in Oil and Gas production, processing, distribution and related issues.
- Developing systems, procedure and strategies for implementing the institutions mandate.
- Supervising and coordinating training, academics and linkage programs in the institution.
- Ensuring full operationalization of the COE as a competency based training institution
- Facilitating recruitment and selection of both academic and administrative staff.
- Coordinating the planning, development and review of training programs according to identified needs;
- Translating Government policies into training programs that are relevant and up to date.
- Liaising with other academic institutions, stakeholders and national institutions in relation to training/academics and linkages.
- Identifying and engaging potential partners and donors to support the Institute both financially and materially to effectively carry out its mandate.
- Managing the selection, training and examining of trainees to ensure quality of courses and relevance to sector needs
- Liaise with stakeholders e.g. CDAAC, SSAC
- Monitor and ensure that the programs are run within the approved budgets.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- Master’s degree in Education. An earned PhD degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Ten (10) years working experience, five (5) of which should have been at the level of senior management of teaching/administration in Universities, Colleges or other institutions of higher education.
- Experience in oil and gas industry operations
- Understanding of Oil and Gas business i.e. Upstream , Downstream and Midstream operations
- Membership of relevant professional bodies/ institutions
- Must be a member of a professional body in the related sector.
- Experience in developing linkages
- Experience in institutional management
- Knowledge of curriculum development and implementation
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
NB: Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant testimonials.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground Floor in the APPLICATION BOX
or posted to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than Friday, 12th August, 2016.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
This advertisement is may also be found on our website www.kpc.co.ke