Title: Legal Officer
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a holding company with several subsidiaries in various industries.
They are looking to hire a Legal Officer with at least 2 years post pupilage working experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal and financial advice to the organization
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers and partners
- Efficient administration by ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and that decision of the Board of Directors are implemented.
- Filing of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a Law degree and CPS(K)
- 2 -3 years post pupilage working experience.
- Must be 28yrs and above.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters
How to Apply
Please only send your CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Legal Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 26th August, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.