Lutheran World Federation Department for World Services Kenya / Djibouti program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals on a temporary basis for three (3) months for the following positions to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Centre Supervisors
The Centre Supervisor will be responsible for overall coordination during the Verification exercise, and this will include the supervision of staff under the guidance of the UNHCR and Government teams and the LWF Verification Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the verification team in the designated centres to ensure that the exercise run smoothly.
- Provide overall team leadership to support staff and verification team and ensure that they implement their duties effectively.
- Supervise the registration interviews in accordance with local standard operating procedures and registration standards.
- Liaise with all stakeholders including refugee staff, community leaders, community members (host and refugee community) and other stakeholders in order to formulate and collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation during the registration exercise.
- Carry out the verification of collected data.
- Carry out any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary by the supervisor in order to meet the required standards during the registration exercise.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related fields.
- 3 years relevant working experience preferably in an NGO setting
- Strong computer skills.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
- Good communication, organization and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an application letter clearly indicating the reference number and a detailed CV, including email address and telephone contacts for three referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
Applications should reach the undersigned by 12th August, 2016.
Human Resource Officer
Lutheran World Federation, Compound I
Kakuma Sub Program
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org