Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya / Djibouti Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the above position, to be based in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Writing of cheques and cheque remittance advice, ensuring that all relevant documents are attached and dully approved, e.g. invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes (GRNs), credit notes, purchase order/ contracts, quotation analysis, quotations, demand forms etc.
- Maintain Cash book (daily basis) and mark “Posted” in the voucher after entry in ACCPAC compatible spread sheet.
- Monthly preparation of national staff payroll.
- Monthly preparation of incentive staff payroll
- Maintaining the cheques register and dispatching of the cheques to vendors or user departments as the case may be.
- Timely writing of statutory payroll deduction cheques.
- Verification of the petty cash counts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations on receipt of the bank statements, ensuring that all direct debits are recorded and/or investigated with the bank and should be resolved by the following month.
- Prepare monthly cash request for submission to Nairobi.
- Cash withdrawals from the banks and coordination of the same.
- Reconciliation of personal advance accounts and filing of the schedule on a monthly basis.
- Verification of data entries into ACCPAC. Checking the accuracy, completeness of data, amounts and ACCPAC codes before posting on a monthly basis.
- Overseeing the annual physical stock counts, writing the report and holding briefings.
- Proper filing of all documents pertaining to the above tasks ensuring all paid vouchers are stamped ‘Paid’
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance & Admin Officer.
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (accounting option) or related degree/diploma and must possess at least CPA 1 qualification.
- Or CPA 3 Finalist.
- At least two (2) years working experience in a finance office, NGO experience is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
“LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/DWS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Applications, CV with 3 referees, together with the supporting documents to be addressed and submitted to:
Human Resources Officer, Lutheran World Federation, Dadaab
Via email address: email@example.com
Closing date: 5th September 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and female candidates are encouraged to apply.