Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 350,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments.
As of January 2016 M-KOPA employs over 700 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
Overall Purpose: The role is to recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 20 Direct Sales Representatives to meet your sales targets of M-KOPA products.
The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales.
This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading peoples lives.
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products
- Recruit, train, coach & manage a field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the targets as set by M-KOPA
- Run a team of DSR who are well disciplined in the sales process and uphold the M-KOPA brand values.
- Develop local networks to assist in growing sales volume
- Management of DSR inventory.
- Timely reporting to line managers
- Uphold the brand values of M-KOPA, including ensuring the M-KOPA shop is highly presentable to customers
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal and good standard of compute literacy.
- 1+ year’s management experience in a related sales field. eg Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Proven ability to work in a self disciplined & proactive manner.
- Proven ability to carry out direct selling
- Proven track record of hitting targets
- Proven ability to mentor sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
- Proven ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to request & receive support from the headquarters.
- Experience managing inventory and stock across a network of outlets.
- English and Kiswahili fluency both written and spoken.
- Willingness to work in a rural areas.
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognized institution in a business related field is an advantage when accompanied by relevant experience.
How to Apply
To apply, send an updated detailed copy of your CV and a cover letter expressing why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject EV-FSM-2079.
We are always looking for new talent thus this role has no deadline
M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In addition, due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview.