Position Function: Responsible for improving and sustaining line performance by both owning preventative (scheduled) and reactive (non-scheduled) maintenance standards and completion.
Managing tagging by encouraging / training all machine operators, prioritising and completing maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Actively initiative preventative maintenance planning ensuring that all maintenance work is risk assessed, appropriate resource is available and utilised and all maintenance tasks are executed without conflicting requirements.
- Minimise and eliminate where possible all losses associated with machine down time through timely resolution of machine breakdowns and driving a zero loss mind-set through engineering work order initiation and completion.
- In liaison with the SHEQ Manager, participate in regular inspections/audits for good housekeeping and machine safety and ensure agreed action are completed.
- In consultation with the Top Management, coordinate setup of plant equipment in accordance with Company policy and procedures in order to achieve product quality targets at minimal waste levels.
- Proactively rectify issues that have a negative impact on quality, complete plant improvement activities prioritised by the Top Management to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- In liaison with the Production and Plant Productivity Managers, Initiate and sustain the Autonomous Maintenance activities (e.g. tagging, lubricating, cleaning, team meetings, step audits and board updating, elimination of contamination sources and elimination of hard to access areas).
- Ensure good quality information on breakdown reports and any engineering work orders are raised in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively support Good Manufacturing Practice pillar activities providing feedback and promoting application on the factory.
- Actively participate in relevant line changes using appropriate project management tools to ensure efficient and successful project management
- In liaison with the Plant Productivity Manager, proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and supervise all tasks relating to PLC`s (fault finding) and ensure full compliance to factory SHEQ procedures.
- Formulate and implement maintenance procedures and ensure proactive implementation.
- Ensure that the production plant is running efficiently at all times.
- Carry out regular inspections of the production plant and resolve issues as well as planning and overseeing all repair and installation activities.
- Ensure that environment, health and safety procedures are complied with at all times.
- Prepare and present regular maintenance reports to the management.
- In liaison with the Top Management, develop plans and activities necessary to attain timely commissioning of the new plant in within strict deadlines.
- Coordinate and supervise various service providers ensuring quality of service in areas of delivery.
- Supervise equipment installation and commissioning ensuring that all terms of contract, delivery and after service are met.
- Develop a clear plan on transfer of knowledge to those appointed to operate the equipment, supervise the process and coach and mentor assigned staff.
- Formulate and implement training programs and on the job mentorship for all maintenance departmental employees.
- Develop and implement maintenance program to meet production requirements of plant availability, safety, and product quality.
- Management of spare parts & materials stocking and usage to ensure the effective maintenance of plant.
- Plan and carry out statutory inspections of vital plant & equipment to ensure their use is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Liaise with quality assurance department and procurement and logistic department to ensure timely delivery of outputs.
- Implement energy management program to attain and sustain economic/efficient usage of fuel and electricity in the plant.
- Any other duties as directed by the Top Management from time to time.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Plant or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of nine (9) years’ experience in a busy manufacturing environment. Five of which should be at management level.
- Candidates with experience in the stationery and printing industry will have added advantage.
- Must be a registered engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret technical data, and electrical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and answer queries.
- Computer Literate
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED