Job Title: Retail & Sales Instructor
Program: Generation Kenya
Reports to: Center Coordinator
Salary: 35,000 gross
Background: Generation is a global youth employment program that helps provide young adults with the opportunity to launch successful careers and change their life trajectories.
It is the first program of McKinsey Social Initiative, a non-profit founded by USAID implemented by CAP Youth Empowerment Institute.
Generation Kenya already has Financial Sales Services and Retail training young people to become financial advisors with banks and insurance company and shop attendants in retail shops.
We are seeking talented instructors interested in working in a 40-hour/week role to teach a four to 6 week curriculum designed by the Generation team.
This will also include paid prep time before class starts.
- Mobilize the youth, deliver all technical, behavioral, mindset, and employment essential lessons.
- Understand individual student learning needs (and Individualized Education Plans, when applicable) to accommodate various types of learning styles.
- Administer, grade, and provide feedback on weekly assessments.
- Support Generation’s data-driven model by tracking student attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Utilize Generation’s technology platform.
- Build relationships with students, develop an understanding of their personal strengths and challenges, and foster a supportive classroom environment.
- Work with program mentor and Generation staff to identify and address any issues that could prevent students from completing the program.
Ideal candidate should have;
- Passion for helping change the life trajectories of unemployed youth.
- Experience in retail & Sales (with preference given to those who have experience in financial sales sector).
- A bachelor’s degree (any related field).
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Work & PowerPoint)
- Experience teaching and/or working closely with disadvantaged young adults between the ages of 18 and 30.
- The ability to engage students and build relationships with multiple types of students.
- A professional demeanor, excellent organizational and communication skills, and attention to detail.
- The ability to collect and analyze student data that will influence student interactions.
- Openness to frequent feedback from students and the program team.
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player.
Send application to email@example.com before 25th August 2016.