Position: Medical Underwriter
Nature of job: Full time
No of Positions: 2
Summary: Our client, a prestigious Insurance Broker based in Nairobi seeks to recruit 2 underwriters in their medical department, who are enthusiastic, initiative and result oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Examining insurance proposals
- Collecting background information and assessments of risk
- Writing quotes and negotiating the terms with clients
- Determining appropriate premiums and amounts of coverage
- Preparing policies terms and conditions
- Screening applicants on the basis of set criteria
- Evaluating recommendations from underwriting software
- Counsel clients on risk management solutions, negotiates terms and contracts, and develops relationships with key clients (ie brokers).
- Remain aware of current industry trends through development of a good working relationship with brokers and other sources of industry news and developments.
- Writing policies and adding specific conditions when required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, accounting, economics, law or Business administration
- Must be an experienced medical underwriter
- Must have worked in a brokerage firm
- Additional professional courses related to Underwriting will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- The ability to absorb technical information
- Numeracy and statistical skills
- Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work;
- Self-motivation and sound judgement
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
If you meet the above measures send CV urgently to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.