Description: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
The vehicle BOM Engineer will ensure the correct configuration, implementation and management of all aspects of the vehicle Bill of Materials release.
This involves ensuring the correct structure for the BOM is defined and drawings for parts are defined and released as per a defined and structured process.
They will also manage the checking and releasing of drawings to conform to defined standards and requirements.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Engineers and Vehicle Integration Manager.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for defining and maintaining the vehicle BOM structure, ensuring the correct and complete breakdown of all parts required for the different vehicle models.
- Responsible for reviewing all BOM change requests to ensure compliance to a structured and defined standard process and tracking the process of overall BOM changes utilising ERP system when applicable.
- Responsible for checking the accuracy of the BOM change data in terms of drawings, technical information prior to final approval.
- Manage the routing and the correct approval from applicable stakeholders for all BOM changes.
- Manage interdependencies for all BOM changes as well as priorities and batching of similar changes as required.
- Ensure supporting documentation for all BOM changes has been prepared by all responsible parties, reviewed and stored appropriately.
- Lead Change Collaboration Board (CCB) meetings to review and approve any required BOM changes ensuring required documentation is prepared and available prior to reviews.
- Work with Technical planner to ensure accurate planning and tracking of all BOM releases during the different stages of the component or system development through to pro planning of all.
- Responsible for the accuracy of system data through process evaluation and conducting regular audits. Ensures accuracy of data entry (BOM) into ERP system, troubleshoots, and recommends corrections as appropriate.
- Coordinate with the production team on overall Vehicle BOM release and updates.
An ideal candidate should combine strong technical skills in engineering with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in working with multi-function teams and developing, integrating vehicle content – within the automotive industry.
- Bachelor degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- Relevant experience in processing and managing BOM data in a manufacturing environment
- Basic Comprehension of business operations, part numbers, part flow, drawings, design changes, manufacturing instructions and MRP as it relates to a manufacturing BOM
- Data processing accuracy
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Good negotiating skills to work with different engineers and requirements to achieve best geometric solutions for the product
- Knowledge of PLM systems for drawing / CAD data management
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
- Knowledge of process for automotive interiors & exteriors development
- Functional understanding of composites manufacturing, processing and tooling practices
Application through http://www.mobiusmotors.com/join-us/
Vacancy open until filled.