Vacancy: Marketing Associate
Description: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
We are seeking a long-term commitment from an exceptional early career marketing professional to lead marketing strategy, research, campaigns and product launches to ultimately create the foundation of a future international automotive brand – a truly unique opportunity to create impact on a global scale.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Commercial Director, Sales & Aftersales team as well as key staff across the business.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver primary and secondary research that helps define market assumptions and consumer behaviours/profiles.
- Develop complete understanding of the factors that go into the revenue and cost side of the business opportunity and provide recommendations to maximise revenue.
- Support the Commercial Director to develop and maintain product category SWOT analyses.
- Facilitate future-focused product ideation sessions and capture output for continuous design exploration.
- Interface with cross-functional teams and outside agencies to develop and lead product go-to-market strategy and plan.
- Create data-driven, dynamic, ‘voice-of-the-customer’ marketing strategies and tests that deliver against Return on Investment (ROI) targets through a segmented customer base across marketing channels.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging across TV, print, radio, digital and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) marketing channels.
- Contribute to comprehensive testing matrix that accurately assesses delivery and performance of each marketing campaign on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain and ensure high levels of data hygiene and integrity with fast-growing, high-volume data capture from the market.
- Being in charge of the overall marketing and communication strategy; manage all activities (ATL, BTL, Digital, etc.) and increase the brand awareness and image.
- Being responsible for the Marketing/Communication Launch Strategy of new products and car models.
- Develop and maintain a structured clear Marketing reporting system, which reflects the status, trend and performance of the corresponding activities.
- Act as a liaison for all external media enquiries or articles, working with the CEO, COO & Commercial Director when necessary to facilitate interviews or other content.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in marketing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in creative and strategic thinking along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative regularly.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Business, Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Communications, Economics or similar
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- 1-2 years related experience in marketing, advertising or branding
- Ability to lead cross-functionally; coordinating, leading and communicating information clearly
- Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems and express them in simple ways
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sense of multiple data sources that may sometimes be contradictory in nature
- High degree of resourcefulness; looking beyond the normal channels of information to dig out data necessary to understand the market potential of the opportunity
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with ability to create compelling and effective marketing materials and designs
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word
- Exceptional written communication skills and with experience is writing compelling messages to a consumer demographic
- Strong presentations skills, including excellent oral communication skills
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with extensive travel throughout Kenya and longer term throughout East Africa
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, Sales, Advertising or similar
- 3-5 years related experience in marketing, advertising or branding
- Passion for the automotive industry and social enterprise in Africa
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
Application through http://www.mobiusmotors.com/join-us/
Vacancy open until filled.