Nairobi Waldorf School
The Cook attached to the school kitchen will perform the following duties and be prepared to assist other staff members of the school wherever called upon:
1. The Kitchen
- Assist the Head cook in preparation of tea, snacks and food for the school children, teaching and non-teaching staff and for parent meetings, sports outings, workshops, conferences fundraising and other gatherings
- Assist in serving food for the kindergarten at 12.00
- Serving of food in the dining to school children or groups being catered in respective meeting rooms and arranging of the same for meals or snacks
- Thorough cleaning of the fridges, store, cupboards, cookers, walls and food preparation surfaces
- Washings of utensils, equipment, drying and proper storage
- Ensure high hygiene standard at all times
- Any other general work as and when assigned by the head cook
In addition to these duties:
2. Other areas
3. Cleaning of classrooms and verandas daily and windows on a weekly basis as assigned to you
4. Assist in preparations, arranging and cleaning up before, during and after school events, meetings, festivals and other activities as requested.
- Must be dependable, responsible, honest and hard working
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must have good interpersonal skills to get along with other people
- Must be able to make simple meals and snacks.
- Must be able to safely use cooking utensils and appliances.
Education: Diploma in Food & Beverage Certificate or equivalent
If interested urgently send cover letter and CV to email@example.com
NB:Should be ready to start immediately