Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the Ministry of Devolution and
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Advert No: 005/2016
The job holder will report to the Director Technical Services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee planning, designing and implementation of researches on population and development issues.
- Oversee coordination of multi – sectoral process on population and development related policy formulation.
- Supervise development of policy briefs to convince target audience of urgency of current population problems and need to adopt alternative course of action.
- Conduct policy analysis for effective decision making
- Formulate and appraise project proposals.
- Oversee analysis of research findings of various researches conducted in the country.
- Supervise Training of Research teams, data clerks and data users.
- Oversee monitoring the implementation of the Population and Development Research Agenda
- Providing technical support to partners implementing population and development on policy formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national and county level strategies and plans for the National Population Policy.
- Master’s degree in Population Studies, Demography or Social Sciences;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme / Course lasting not less not than four (4) weeks or its equivalent;
- Nine (9) years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be at managerial level;
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of CT software tools for qualitative and quantitative research and monitoring and evaluation.
who meet the above requirements should send their application letter
together with detailed CV indicating three (3) names of references,
current position/grade and daytime telephone numbers, copies of academic
and professional certificates, testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card/Passport.
addition, applicants are required to attach copies of current
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal
Investigations:. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue
Authority, Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya
Credit Reference Bureau and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should reach the undersigned not later 30th September, 2016
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P.O. Box 48994-00100
Nairobi – Kenya
Email to: email@example.com
Important note: Only one application method should be used. Either via email or hard copy.
– Delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for
Population and Development head office situated at the Chancery
Building, 4th floor, Valley Road.
The advert number and job title should be indicated on the envelope and the application letter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
is an equal opportunity employer; persons with disabilities and people
from marginalized groups with requisite qualification are encouraged to