The Council seeks to fill the following vacant position:
Director, Technical Services
Advert No: 004/2016
The Director will report to the Director General and will be the head of the Directorate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee development and update of the National Population Policy and preparing policy briefs.
- Provide strategic leadership on all matters pertaining to technical issues on population and development in the Council.
- Oversee development and implementation of the Council’s population research programs.
- Supervise formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national and county level strategies and plans for the National Population Policy.
- Coordinate ongoing national and County level population programme activities including those undertaken by stakeholders.
- Coordinate international and regional population related initiatives as well as developing action plan and reporting progress on population and development issues.
- Oversee implementation of viable advocacy for support of population programmes and ensuring that the public is well informed.
- Oversee the development of project and activity budgets and advise on utilization of resources.
- Masters degree in Population Studies / Demography / Economics or equivalent:
- Bachelors degree in Social Sciences;
- Twelve (12) years of relevant work experience, seven (7) of which must be at managerial level:
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme / Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent;
- Demonstrated outstanding capability in implementation of population development policies;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and a understanding of ICT software tools for qualitative and quantitative research and monitoring and evaluation.
In addition, applicants are required to attach copies of current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations:. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Applications should reach the undersigned not later 30th September, 2016
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P.O. Box 48994-00100
Nairobi – Kenya
Hand – Delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for Population and Development head office situated at the Chancery Building, 4th floor, Valley Road.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NCPD is an equal opportunity employer; persons with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualification are encouraged to apply.