Job Brief: We are looking for a skilled Network Technician to undertake tasks of network development and maintenance.
The candidate will be responsible for designing the network in ways that optimize its performance.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual with great passion for technology.
An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and improving the network’s functions.
The goal is to create and sustain a well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling.
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling.
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices.
- Evaluate and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organisation’s information.
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in computer or information science, computer engineering or electrical engineering is required for this position.
- Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- CCENT/CCNA qualifications are strongly preferred
Qualified and Eligible candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with the subject of the email being NETWORK TECHNICIAN.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted