Want to develop a robust HR machine in 6 months?
Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Human Resource Consultant
As the Human Resource Consultant you will work closely with the HR & Partnerships Director to steer the growth and development of our top tier team as we move towards scale.
You will be the Director’s strategic partner in recruitment of senior roles, creating and implementing best in class recruitment, retention, professional development and employee engagement /culture building strategies that will enable Nova to meet and exceed our ambitious growth plans.
Developing processes, policies and systems will be integral for scale which is an important aspect of this consulting assignment
Duration of Consultancy: You will perform the above mentioned responsibilities for both our Ondiri and Tatu City campuses.
This is for an initial 6 months pending extension based on the Organization’s’ needs
Report To: Director of HR & Partnerships
The Nova Way
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: We share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
How will your consultancy assignment at Nova look like?
- Develop a best in class recruiting strategy, operation and plan and tactics to build a team of top senior talent
- Establish tight recruitment tactics, processes and systems
- Develop HR policies to be implemented across the organization in alignment with our global HR policies where possible
- Develop an HR manual to be implemented across the organization in alignment with our global HR policies where possible
- Review and make recommendations on existing contract templates to ensure currency
- Work with the procurement consultant to identify a robust team of HR partners to help with various aspects of people including professional development, coaching etc
- Build a robust supplier database will all the necessary corresponding documentation for partners e.g. copies of operational licenses, PIN, VAT certificates etc and effectively and efficiently manage the database until handover
- Conduct a training needs assessment and support in the development of short and long-term professional development strategies.
- Support in the strengthening of the onboarding and acculturation process to ensure new hire success
- Prepare weekly reports and brief the HR & Partnerships Director on progress against deliverables
Who you are
- You are preferably not currently engaged in a fulltime job, as the consultancy is expected to kick off on September 1st, 2016
- You love people and think, eat, sleep and dream people
- 7+ years’ experience in a busy organization setting. School experience would be a plus
- Conversant with HR practices and policies.
- Creative but with extensive knowledge in change, performance and reward management.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, presentation and problem-solving skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university with a post graduate training in HRM or consistent, demonstrated experience in HR
- A registered member with IHRM or other professional associations.
Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
Then apply here http://novaacademies.com/our-learning-approach-2/.
If you are a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.