Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Lead Learning Designer
Your role will be based in our Network Office, Brookside Drive Westlands
Reports To: Director of Academics
The Nova Way
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
- Using themes, big ideas, and National Curriculum to create the day by day overview of lessons.
- Work with the Senior Designer/Director of Academics and classroom teachers to revise Scheme of Work
- Creating detailed inquiry based lesson plans that infuse technology and the materials that go with each lesson.
- Creating a full unit’s worth of material that culminates in Project Based Learning
- Creating offline and online content when applicable for lessons
- Work with the Senior Designer/Director of Academics and classroom teachers to revise lessons after they have been taught.
- Working with learning designers in Humanities and Math/Science to create an integrated projects
- Working with the Senior Designer/Director of Academics to create the overarching vision of the PBL for each unit
- Creating strong assessments/rubrics that allow each teacher to evaluate students during the PBL and at the end.
- You may act as a manager to an Associate Learning Designer or the Curriculum Intern
- Create Do Nows that assess important components of what was previously learned
- Create interim assessments that infuse IGCSE, IB, SAT and PISA into the questions.
- Use KCSE questions in the interim assessments to determine how students are progressing towards their ability to pass the KCSE
- Receiving professional development on the Nova Model of Learning Design, integrated curriculum design, STEM, PBL
- You have 4+ years of teaching experience in a rigorous, high-expectations setting
- You have distinctive experience and interest in math, technology (e.g., coding) and/or the sciences
- You have a track record of developing creative and rigorous curriculum that has led to distinctive learning outcomes and can demonstrate this through example products and references
- You have a desire to further develop your curriculum development skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
- You have strong writing skills and are able to use those to create lessons that will help people learn it while being engaged and interested
- You are driven by data and can use data from student assessments to strengthen lessons and spiral in key skills
Then CLICK HERE to apply online
If you’re a great fit, we will drop everything and call you immediately
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.