Case Investigation Agents (CIA)
Based in Nyanza or Western
The Customer Service team at One Acre Fund is looking to expand and professionalize its operation, which is currently serving over 400,000 farm families in Kenya.
The Case Investigation agents will provide critical first line support to our farmers delivering the highest quality of service to ensure our farmers’ perceptions of OAF remain high and that our products and services have the maximum impact for the farmers we serve.
The agents will be responsible for resolving all cases raised by farmers in the shortest time frame to the highest levels of satisfaction.
This is very visible and important position that cuts across many departments at One Acre Fund and supports senior field directors in their execution duties as well as informing and guiding senior departmental heads on programmatic issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Familiarize with all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to OAF, working with the Customer Service Call team
- Meet with the Customer Service Call Team each week to review open cases and ensure investigation database is up to date
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, UAP insurance payments and inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations based on the following types of cases:
- UAP Insurance, work closely with expense auditor in charge of UAP payments to investigate complaints on this.
- Wrongly dropped farmers at qualifiers deadline
- Investigate cases on Refunds for dropped clients and refunds for overpayments.
- Customer care issues and staff harassment to farmers
- Cases on Incentive Fraud, Input fraud and stolen inputs by field staff
- Ghost Farmer Issues
- Mobile Repayment Fraud related issues
- GL Level training as follow ups from investigations
- Core Package Issues
- HR Related Issues (Unfair Staff Promotions/Staff harassment) etc.
- Warehouse staff input balances
- Follow up on Total credit mismatches discovered ahead of farmer calls
- Forward all investigation reports to the relevant parties to ensure resolution and case closure
- Provide recommendations for documentation and process improvement on an ongoing basis
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor
Field Visit Activities
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Directors, Field Leaders and GLs as appropriate
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties for recovery of cash lost by OAF staff
- Arrange any follow up appointments to help with the investigation
Departmental Liaison Activities
- Work closely with the regional teams on any requirements for the cases and advise on appropriate resolution and recommendations
- Liaise closely with HR and District Office Administrators on all pending disciplinary actions from cases investigated
- Work with the Investigation Management to examine processes and policies to prevent future occurrences
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in finance or a related field, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Graduate with a relevant degree from recognized academic institution
- Language: Fluent in English, Swahili and either of these local dialects; Kalenjin or Luhya (Candidates to indicate this on their CV)
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office.
- Deep understanding of the OAF core program model
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, communication skills (oral and written) and proactive in identifying and solving problems
- Demonstrates integrity with a positive attitude and passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Relevant work experiences including demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines, attentive to detail and able to multitask
- Must be willing to travel frequently to the field using motorbike taxis in all weathers
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV by 13th September, 2016
Please Note; One Acre Fund does not employ persons who have not attained the age of 18 years.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted