Our client is seeking to recruit qualified, self-driven, innovative, energetic and go getter professionals to be part of its great team.
The positions up for grabs include:
Operations Sales and Marketing Manager
Number of positions: 1
Job Role: This position will oversee the marketing and operational aspects of the three arms viz; Maize Flour, Animal feeds and Water across the whole country and regionally.
This is a senior leadership position that requires a qualified, seasoned, and versatile and results oriented person who is able to deliver results and grow the market share of the portfolio.
It requires a person with a proven track record in FMCG and over 5 years’ experience, two of them leading a diverse sales, marketing, merchandising and distribution team.
- Retain and expand the market share within set timelines;
- Increase revenue at a constant rate in line with market share growth;
- Position the brands in the Kenyan and regional consumer market;
- Create top of the mind awareness of the brands in the fiercely competitive FMCG market
- Lead the promotion of the brands as their foremost ambassador;
- Ensure synergy between procurement, production, distribution and sales efforts;
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the team of sales, marketing, merchandising and distribution staff to ensure optimal market reach and penetration;
- Conducting ongoing and consistent business development to seek market growth opportunities;
- Build, develop, review and engage the distribution network across the market;
- Coordinate the operational and logistics aspects of the three arms ( Flour, Feeds and Water) to prevent bottlenecks that may affect the time to market for the brands;
- Preparing the sales forecast and map out a plan for achieving the same;
- Establish optimal staffing requirements for the sales, distribution and operations function in line with the market projections;
- Oversee distributor recruitment and prospecting distributors;
- Plan for distributor promotions (Trade promotions) to motivate distributors to stock the company’s Brands;
- Lead the team in preparing, maintaining and updating a database of clients for continuous engagement;
- Introducing new product lines and new uses for existing products in the market;
- Preparing and implementing the Sales, distribution and Marketing plan for the brands;
- Initiate and conduct market research and surveys to establish the extend of uptake of the products in the market as well as the customers feelings about the products and market requirements and trends;
- Prospecting for bulk and resale Customers (Wholesalers, Distributors and large retail stores (supermarkets, hypermarkets etc.);
- Leading the team in initiating and following up on orders and keeping records on the product portfolio performance in the market;
- Maintaining close liaison with accounts department to invoice closed sales and collect payments to minimize bad debts;
- Analyzing and reporting brand market performance to the directors with a view to inform decision making;
- Manage the system of anticipating, recording and resolution of customer complaints and feedback on issues like delivery times, order correctness and other issues;
- Any other operations, logistics, distribution, sales and marketing duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Must be a holder of a Degree in a management field ( BA, B.com, BBA, BBM or any other business related degree) or;
- A holder of a degree plus a Sales and Marketing diploma from a recognized institution or;
- A holder of a diploma in sales and marketing with over 10 years Sales and Marketing leadership experience in an international FMCG company;
- For degree holders, at least five (5) years’ experience, 2 of which must have been at a supervisory or management role with a highly recognizable brand and with proven results delivery;
- A strong and proven FMCG( Fast Moving Consumer Goods) background dealing with leading brands in a fiercely competitive market;
- Good team leadership skills as well as the ability to communicate clearly and courteously to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to multi task and handle several brand related issues simultaneously;
- Forthright, energetic, enthusiastic, outgoing, pleasant and easy to get along with person;
- A mature person aged above 28 years with a self-driven disposition and high levels of responsibility;
- Must have good intra and extra communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have working proficiency in basic as well as specialized computer software applications;
- Ability to handle high level pressure and still remain calm and focused on the goal;
- Self-driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Dynamic, innovative and creative person who is solution oriented and impatient with low returns;
- Up to date with developments and trends in FMCG industry/sector;
- Good networking and a keen eye for opportunities.
Note: The holder of this position will be part of the top leadership of the organization and will be expected to advise the management candidly, openly, fairly and objectively.
He or she must be willing to take responsibility for the team results as well as keep the team energized and motivated to achieve the set goals.
If you meet the said requirements please send your application in confidence by email attaching your detailed latest CV to: (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES)
NB: Clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email and indicate your current and expected salary. Closing date for applications is Friday, 2nd September 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview