Position: Sales Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Company Profile: Our client is an outdoor advertising business located in Nairobi which has over 200 billboards across major urban centers in Kenya.
The Company’s strategy is to increase its revenue streams by utilizing capacity of the installed billboards and expand its product range, and be a unique player in the market.
Job Profile / Purpose: The Sales Manager will be responsible for heading the Sales team to create additional revenues in line with set budgets, creating and implementing the marketing policies of the company, sales tracking and monitoring daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance of the business, collection of receivables within targeted periods.
The Sales Manager will be expected to contribute to the development and execution of the company’s growth strategy, help to build a successful business by motivating staff, and ensuring they surpass their sales targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Input – in liaison with the CEO and the other key managers assist in the development of short term tactical plans and mid to long term strategic plans. Responsible for reporting business activity and progress against investment plan to the Board of Directors.
- Leadership – Advising the CEO, FM and the Board on the financial implications of business/project activities. In addition take up responsibility in understanding the strategic direction of the Company, developing marketing policies as well as providing proactive leadership to the sales and marketing teams, and direction for both short term and long term goals.
- Sales – Actively managing and motivating the sales team to set achievable daily, weekly and monthly targets and ensure that they are met. Breaking down of the marketing policies into sales targets and execution strategy thereof.
- Client Relationship Management & Business Development – Maintain good relationships with media buying agencies and direct clients of the Company. In addition expand the current customers and tap into potential customers through aggressive and innovative marketing strategies
- Marketing – Promote the company’s presence throughout Kenya through research into new and innovative products to increase product range and help the business stay ahead of its competition
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure to organizations involved in service industry, media, real estate and hospitality industry
- Project management skills
- Client relationship management skills (customer service, business development)
- Good communication and PR skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc)
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Strong sales background with minimum 10 years in sales of which 5 years in a senior management role
- Relevant degree, Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing or equivalent degree/ advanced diploma in marketing, communication, PR or Sales
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) certification or an MBA will be an added advantage
If interested, send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position on the job title.