Company Overview: Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies.
We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.
We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Project Profile: Palladium has recently been awarded a sub-contract from Pathfinder International to help implement the USAID Afya Pwani project in Kenya.
The project’s purpose is to contribute to the USAID/Kenya Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective 2, Health and Human Capacity Strengthened in Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mombasa, and Taita Taveta counties, while engaging with the larger USAID efforts to make devolution successful and support the country’s economic growth.
Afya Pwani’s goal is to contribute to USAID/Kenya’s Sub-Intermediate Result 2.2.2, Improved county-level accountability, institutional capacity, leadership, and management of health service delivery, with an aim to Improve and increase access to and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthened service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems.
Pathfinder International formed a team to implement Afya Pwani that includes Pathfinder, Plan International Kenya, and Palladium.
The project has three sub-purposes:
- Increased access and utilization of quality HIV services.
- Increased access and utilization of focused MNCH/FP/WASH & nutrition services.
- Strengthened and functional county health systems.
Under the guidance of the Pathfinder Chief of Party and in collaboration with other partners,
Palladium has the lead for the third sub-purpose, which has five key outputs:
- Output 3.1: Partnerships for Governance and Strategic Planning, including Healthcare Financing
- Output 3.2: Human Resources for Health (HRH)
- Output 3.3: Health Products and Technologies (HPT)
- Output 3.4: Strategic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Systems, including electronic medical records (EMR)
- Output 3.5: Quality Improvement Systems
Palladium is recruiting an 11 person team to work within the Afya Pwani project team to help achieve these outputs.
The team will be led by a Senior Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Advisor/Team Leader and based in Mombasa, Kenya, covering work in Mombasa, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Kilifi, and Lamu counties.
Palladium staff in Nairobi and our international offices will provide routine technical and administrative support and assistance.
Position Summary: Under the leadership of the Palladium Sr. HSS Advisor/Team Leader and the Sr. M&E Advisor, the Information Technology (IT) Specialist will support achievement of Afya Pwani output 3.4, Strategic M&E Systems, including EMR.
S/He will report to the Senior M&E Advisor and work with the broader Afya Pwani team.
The IT Specialist will design and implement and improve existing electronic medical records systems leveraging on existing platforms.
S/he will integrate existing EMRs with DHIS2 and create robust supply chain management systems.
S/he will assist the team in data mining for data demand and information use (DDIU) and data quality audits, consequently leading to continuous quality improvements and improved decision making.
- Linkage of EMR to the District Health Information System (DHIS 2)
- Linkage of EMR to Frontline SMS
- Linkage of EMR to the National Data Warehouse
- Interoperability of EMR with open, third party lab information systems and Commodity Supply Chain Systems in use and project facilities
- Support county teams in the deployment of IQSolutions at health facilities as required.
- Perform maintenance programming, modification of identified defects and enhancements and addition of modules in the EMR
- BSc Computer Science/Software Engineer
- A minimum of 3+ years of health informatics experience
- Broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated Software Development experience with Windows based client/server applications and web based applications.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design.
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing date: 26 August 2016