The Postal Corporation of Kenya (PCK) is a key public communication and financial services provider charged with specific statutory functions that are geared towards rapid social and economic development of our country.
To enable PCK discharge these functions, it has put in place a strategic business plan to ensure efficient delivery of services and improvement of corporate image.
Effective identification and deployment of the human capital is key to the success of our corporate goals and objectives.
In this regard, the following post is hereby advertised:
Manager – Supply Chain
Manager – Supply Chain
Department: Supply Chain
No of Position: 1
Reporting To: Postmaster General.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and efficient procurement of goods, services and works in the Department.
- Ensure the Corporation gets value for money at all times through competitive bidding.
- Maintain a sound procurement policy that ensures acquisition of goods, services and works is done in line with the Public Procurement and Assets Disposal Act 2015.
- Negotiate for capital expenditure and service contracts of high value.
- Establish, in co-ordination with every department and end-users, quality specifications of goods, services and works to be procured by PCK.
- Carry out designated checks on quality and security aspects of procurement.
- Review the supply chain and remove processes that do not add value to the Corporation.
- Spearhead the annual supplier pre-qualification exercise.
- Receive all tender applications, ensure they are in safe custody, compile and give technical opinion.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Purchasing and Supplies Management;
- Post graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS)
- Relevant Master’s Degree will be added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional body;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Should have worked for over 5 years in management position of a busy institution.
- Certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Those who meet the minimum requirements should submit a written application and up-dated Curriculum Vitae through the post and attach relevant copies of certificates and testimonials to the
Postmaster General, through Expedited Mail Service (EMS)
or POST to P. O. Box 34567 – 00100 GPO Nairobi
to reach him not later than 12th August, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Posta is an Equal Opportunity Employer