national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board, the holder is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operations, financial and compliance related audits while providing assurance to management on the adequacy of internal controls and compliance to laws and regulations.
- Secretary to Board Audit committee.
- Develop the audit plan giving priority to high risk areas and execute the plan on timely basis
- Carry out regular risk based audits on areas considered prone to losses.
- Review internal controls for adequacy and recommend improvements.
- To audit Bank’s business and other operations to ensure all activities are managed within approved policies and procedures.
- To evaluate all risks to ensure adequate mitigation strategies are put in place to minimize losses.
- Liaising with Banks External Auditors on annual Audits and ensuring that the reports of external Auditors are implemented.
- Audit the IT systems to ensure strong inbuilt and access controls among others.
- Ensure Bank’s assets exist, are safeguarded from loss/misuse and they are properly recorded in the books of accounts.
- Ensure compliance to laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Discuss audit findings with management and ensure audit recommendations are implemented and any lapses explained.
- Ensure compliance to best professional auditing practices.
- Mentor, train, guide and build strong teams.
- Develop budgets and ensure effective execution controls.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Studies or relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business related
- CPA (K), or Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya or any equivalent
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 year experience at managerial level
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Auditing Standards (ISAs)
- Analytical, reviewing and interpretation skills
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of financial system software
- Good Communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified