national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the job holder is responsible for providing leadership and growing the Bank’s business in retail corporate and agency banking, money transfer services and other business support units besides ensuring provision of quality customer service in liaison with business partners and franchise holders.
- Grow business in service outlets, agents, partners
- Develop and ensure the Bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to and reviewed as appropriate.
- Appraise the Bank’s performance to ensure all activities are profitable and meet set objectives.
- Organize, control and direct the business functions for Retail and Corporate customers and maintain good relations with customers and partners.
- Develop and review existing policies, operational systems, procedures and ensure strong internal controls and orderly operations.
- Improve customer service on a continuous basis by re-engineering procedures and processes and carrying out customer satisfaction surveys.
- Review pricing for products and services to drive business growth.
- Develop and document work plans for all divisions/units within the Banking Services department and ensure timely implementation and evaluation of the plans and projects.
- Ensure all support systems and infrastructures are maintained and are being utilized optimally.
- Identify all operational and other risks in the Department and ensure they are mitigated.
- Identify training needs for staff in banking units and ensure continuous training to enhance productivity.
- Implementing effective customer retention and loyalty programs.
- Develop strong motivated teams and continuously counsel, mentor and offer guidance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Studies, Economics, Banking or relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Banking or relevant field.
- Diploma in Banking and/or Member of e.g. the Kenya Institute of Bankers (KIB) or any other relevant body is an added advantage.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 year experience at managerial level
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Good Communication and presentation skills
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Effective Relationship building skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified