national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Finance and Accounts is responsible for overseeing execution of financial and accounting policies, ensuring timely and accurate reporting; advising management on finance matters while ensuring maximum returns on the Bank’s investments and other assets.
- To oversee and coordinate the function of finance and accounts function to ensure timely and accurate management reports.
- Execute processes and procedures that ensure efficiency and compliance to necessary regulations.
- Ensure that the strategy for the Financial and Accounting function is developed, implemented, evaluated and regularly reviewed.
- Contribute to the development of policies in finance and in reviewing of formulated policies and ensuring adherence.
- Take charge of the finance and accounting activities of the Bank and put in place processes and procedures that ensure efficiency and compliance to necessary regulations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and international financial reporting standards.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient internal controls so as to safeguard the Bank’s assets.
- Ensure smooth integration of all financial systems and outlets date for effective and accurate financial reporting.
- Lead the budgeting process and develop processes that facilitate budgetary control.
- Ensure the availability of financial information to the various stakeholders
- To coordinate the external and internal financial audit for the Bank.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce, Finance/Accounts
- Master’s in Finance/Commerce or Business Administration
- CPA( K), ACCA or CFA qualification
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya or any equivalent body
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft office applications and ERP systems
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 year experience at managerial level
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Able to work under strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified