national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Position Function: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Human Resources and Administration is responsible for steering the formulation and implementation of bank’s human resource strategies, policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective acquisition, placement, development and retention of the required human resource capacity.
- Designing policies and procedures to ensure that the organizations compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment are sufficient to attract, motivate and retain talent.
- Contributing to the development of the company’s corporate strategy, and ensuring best practices to human capital management.
- Implementing change programs to ensure high level of staff motivation and a high performance culture.
- Drive the HR strategic planning process while ensuring effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Prepare and implement the HR operations budget and control execution.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and induction of staff in the Bank.
- Oversee the implementation of the Bank’s performance and learning process to ensure that the annual performance management process supports the achievement of the Bank’s goals and objectives;
- Coach, mentor, develop and provide leadership to the Human Resources team to ensure high performance and effective succession planning in the Bank.
- Oversee the utilization of the HR Information system ensuring strong controls.
- Oversee the management of harmonious industrial relations within the Bank
- Ensure the organization’s compensation and benefits are benchmarked against industry standards on a regular basis;
- Ensure high standards of discipline among staff and that disciplinary procedures are applied uniformly and fairly;
- Provide administration services including transport, tea services, mail services, property management, repairs, maintenance of the Bank’s property and storage.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Studies, or relevant field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management -KNEC, Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 years’ experience at managerial level
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Good Communication and presentation skills
- Strong Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified