national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the job holder is responsible for driving the technological direction of the Bank, direct and manage information and communication technology strategic plans, policies, programs and schedules for business, technology innovations, network communications, alternative banking channels and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
- Develop ICT policy and procedures aligned to business and ensure timely execution.
- Develop ICT strategy and aligned to the business
- Execute risk mitigation and business continuity programs
- Resources management and development (staff, budget, hardware, software, premises including all the data centres, vendors/contracts).
- Change and project management of ICT requirements (new and enhancements of existing applications/systems).
- Identification of business opportunities on which the Bank can leverage on utilising ICT.
- Ensure alternate channels deliver value to customers within reasonable uptime and contribute significantly to business turnover.
- Develop the ICT strategy and master plan and ensure timely execution.
- Spearhead systems certification and ensure system controls are working effectively to avoid losses.
- Manage talent within the department and build strong motivated teams
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Strategic Planning, Business Studies or relevant field desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Membership of ICT governing bodies; Computer Society of Kenya, CISA, CISM.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 years at managerial level.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified