national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high caliber, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following position:
Position Function: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Head of Strategy and Marketing is responsible for organizing, controlling and directing the functions of strategic planning; growing and maintaining the Bank’s business; development and maintenance of quality management systems; maintenance of strategic alliances and partnerships and managing the corporate communications of the Bank.
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies to ensure sustained business growth.
- Coordinate development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic plans, and action plans and monitor implementation.
- Develop and implement business ideas while creating demand for the Bank’s products and services through effective marketing programs.
- Co-ordinate the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Bank’s annual performance contracts with the Government of Kenya and review periodic performance.
- Design and review the quality management systems in the Bank and ensure certification e.g. ISO standards.
- Manage the corporate communications function of the Bank. Ensure a strong corporate brand, visibility and awareness.
- Oversee the process of carrying out market research, gathering market intelligence and customer surveys.
- Identifies strategic and other risks and ensure they are mitigated in an effective and timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the Bank’s activities with the affiliated International and local organizations.
- Provide secretarial services to the Strategy and Development Board Committee.
- Prepare budget and ensure effective execution controls
- Identify and co-ordinate training needs for staff in the department so as to enhance staff development and efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in a Business related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field.
- Diploma in Management.
- Minimum 9 years’ experience with 3 years at managerial level.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Strong leadership skills
- High level of Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3 ) years
renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory
performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below
enclosing CVs with full details of educational background, professional
qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank
Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 6th Floor, Market Lane Off 17
Board of Directors
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O Box 30311, 00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday, 31st August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing
affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with
disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite
qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2008 Certified