The incumbent will work closely with the DREAMS Program Manager, project partners, stakeholders in the community and in the non-formal schools to ensure adherence to CMMB technical and operational standards particularly by giving technical input and support in teachers’ and community leaders’ capacity building and advocacy component of the program.
- Participate in the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources; use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Maintain up to date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation.
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff. Encourage effective teamwork, with staff members and partners supporting each other.
- Facilitation of DREAMS related trainings and workshops
- Engage partners at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of program approaches and interventions.
- Participate in developing appropriate scopes of work, associated budgets, and sub agreements for partners.
- In conjunction with the finance and administration teams, develop, implement and monitor capacity building plans according to the project plan.
- Work closely with partners to ensure timely and quality advance tracking and liquidation as per CMMB guidelines.
- Participate in preparation of annual project budgets as requested by the donor.
- Support partners in the development and management of budgets in line with their scope of work.
- In collaboration with the finance teams, review and analyze monthly budget comparison reports and take necessary steps to ensure proper management and utilization of budgets.
- Ensure that program activities comply with CMMB financial guidelines, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Work with the finance team to ensure accurate donor financial reports are submitted on time.
- Coordinate with operations staff for purchasing and inventory control as per CMMB and donor requirements.
- In coordination with CMMB Monitoring, Evaluation team, develop and implement strong M&E systems using CMMB tools and resources to maximize project impact on project participants.
- Ensure the project has a strong learning agenda, and champion learning with project staff and partner teams.
- Working with Program Manager, prepare and submit required donor project narrative reports,
- Collect monthly and quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required by the donors and, CMMB.
- Document challenges, best practices and success stories in the implementation of DREAMS activities
- Use collaborative and structured evaluation processes to review data, reach agreement about findings, and apply learning and recommendations.
- Regularly coordinate meetings with key stakeholders on project progress and challenges.
- Prepare short success stories and briefs on innovation/best practices and project learning (including failures).
- Ensure that all project documentation is well organized and easy to access.
- At least a degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
- At least 5 years of experience with health and HIV programs
- Five Years of experience working in HIV/AIDS programs with focus on sexual reproductive health and youth programs
- Proven project management experience in the administration, management and implementation of HIV Prevention and related Programs including supervision and reporting
- Experience in managing projects in urban non-formal (slums) area is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing inter-agency consortium preferred.
- Experience in managing or working on PEPFAR funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Proactive approach, good organization and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills.
- Experienced networker with strong negotiation skills and an ability to maintain a good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities in CMMB´s priority sectors.
Visit our Careers page for more information, and apply by sending your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.