Title: Retail Store Buying & Sourcing Manager – Tanzania
Salary: 1000 – 1500 USD plus benefits
Our client is a leading retail store in Tanzania.
They seek to hire a Buying and Sourcing manager who will ensure that the appropriate product mix of goods is procured and at competitive prices from the most suitable suppliers.
- To review restock orders to ensure that a sufficient amount of stock is in the warehouse and supermarket to support the sales targets and customer demand
- To develop and execute negotiation strategies and is responsible for driving final contract negotiations and implementation while ensuring appropriate levels of management engagement and approval.
- Design and execute the strategic sourcing initiatives, including market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, and supplier negotiations.
- Coordinate overall data collection including comparison of services and products offered from a sourcing perspective.
- Liaise with the Accounting department to ensure cash flows are managed with the appropriate Lag times
- Manage relationships with key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements.
- Follow up on outstanding orders with suppliers to ensure they are delivered on time as scheduled and also sort issues such as price changes, credit notes etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in procurement and Supply Chain management or any related field
- 5 years of experience in purchasing and supply chain management
- Must have worked in a retail set up like a supermarket, high end beauty shops and clothing stores etc
- Must have experience in Inventory Management, Managing Cross Functional Teams, Project Management, Supply Chain Management experience
- Excellent analytical, Data Analysis and Financial skills
- Experience working with international suppliers preferred
- Must have trend analysis and recognition, buying, sourcing merchandising, consumer marketing/research skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Retail Store Buying & Sourcing Manager – Tanzania) to email@example.com before Friday 5th August 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.