Our client a leading private school is looking for a very organized, highly analytical, well rounded person who can carry out the following duties.
General Responsibilities: The incumbent will be expected to maintain and develop finance processes to ensure school funds are protected and records kept for internal and external audit purposes.
- Maintain and develop accounting processes to ensure accounting system is kept up to date.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure timely production of annual audited accounts in line with parent company requirements
- Ensure timely preparation, authorization, filing and remittance of statutory payments.
- Ensure that electronic money records are maintained for control and audit purposes.
- Ensure that any returns to regulator (Central Bank of Kenya) are prepared on an accurate and timely basis
- Support General Manager in financial development analysis and appraisal of new projects.
- Manage junior finance staff and ensure appropriate training and development is put in place.
- Support wider business in improvement of working practices which are pragmatic but consistent with good financial control
- Ensure new technological developments are accommodated within financial processes.
- Must be a well rounded accountant with experience in all areas of accounting
- High level of commercial skills
- Very organized and highly analytical
- Managerial experience is crucial with proven ability to think outside the box.
- Must display decision making skill
- The individual must have proven leadership skills.
- Candidates working in a SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT will have an added advantage
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role in a school
Applicants should forward their applications enclosing detailed CV’s stating their previous and expected gross pay (applications without this information will not be considered) and copies of relevant certificates by e-mail to BlumeAfrica@gmail.com.