Position Overview: The role is also responsible for production of accurate financial statements and books of accounts for the Company, and will ensure sound financial systems, policies and procedures.
- Guide and supervise Accountants, ensuring effective delegation and performance of duties.
- Coordinate the budgeting process for all functions and ensure compliance to approved budgets including prudent and timely spending.
- Provide advice on financial matters.
- Develop appropriate financial management policies, procedures, practices, processes and accounting systems in compliance with national and group accounting standards.
- Develop and implement effective financial internal controls.
- Preparation of periodic financial reports, including monthly management accounts and other internal requirements within strict deadlines.
- Coordinate statutory reporting, including annual accounts and financial statements.
- Ensure effective management of assets.
- Working capital management including credit control policy implementation.
- Cost containment and Forex management.
- Undertake cash management and liquidity including periodic forecasting and reporting on revenue generation and expenditure, to ensure maintenance of a strong financial control environment.
- Plan the payment cycle for creditors, review the keeping of supplier ledgers and ensure that payments are made within the agreed time frame.
- Closely monitor accruals and prepayments within the Company to ensure adherence to laid down financial standards and accurate reporting.
- Oversee the creation of tools to monitor organizational performance including revenue growth patterns, cash flow, and productivity.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for audit within deadlines.
- Prepare and submit timely reports and information for decision making.
- Bachelors degree in Finance of Accounting
- Full accounting professional qualification, CPA or ACCA
- At least 5 years relevant working experience, with Supervisory/Senior Accountant experience in a dynamic environment
- Proficient in use of Sage Pastel and MS Office applications
- Conversant with tax and commercial law
- Supervisory, analytical and problem solving skills
- Planning, coordination, financial planning and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to prepare and present good oral and written reports
Please fill in the attached form and send in MS Excel format, as well as your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.