Shimba Technologies Limited is looking for a backend developer to perform the following duties:
- Develop and support of mobile applications and ensuring they are fully functional, piloted and approved.
- Create highly scalable web apps that thousands of users interact with daily.
- Maintain, contribute and adhere to Shimba Technologies Programming best practices and guidelines.
- Work with a team of developers and project managers to bring brand new concepts to market.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Strong PHP development skills
- Developing based on:
- Yii framework
- Developing Hybrid HTML5 Applications
- Web Front end development frameworks – Twitter Bootstrap, AngularJS etc
- Responsive web development based on HTML5, CSS3, Bootrstrap, Material Web, Flat UI Design, REST, SOAP, JSON, JQUERY and AJAX technologies
- Ability to develop web services based on REST, SOAP, JSON, JQUERY and AJAX technologies
- Database design and management (in MySQL, Postgres, SQLite)
- Email and SMS gateway integration
- Performance tuning
- Ability to interface PHP with other languages e.g. Java, C++
- A track record of getting the job done
- Take pride and ownership in their work
- Great team player – An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Kindly note that applications will cease to be considered when the position is filled.