Job Title: Network Engineer – IP
Effective Date: Immediately
Business Unit: SimbaNET Com Limited
Report to: Technical Manager
Company Profile: SimbaNET Com Limited is part of The Wananchi Group and one of East African’s leading internet, data and entertainment companies, first Triple Play brand, incorporating broadband internet, cable television and voice services.
- Perform network security design and integration
- Design and implement network topology to meet needs such as IP telephony, L2MPLS VPNs, L3MPLS VPNs, IPv6, Frame Relay, Ethernet technologies etc
- Daily administration and oversight of the network and computer systems
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients and train staff in best practices for customer service
- Provide network and host based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration.
- Implement the necessary controls and procedures to protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Assist in the development of guidelines and procedures for administration and security best practices.
- Provide network documentation.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Monitor network usage, anticipate problems and suggest solution
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
- Remain current on emerging technologies via professional groups, trade magazines, internal and external training, independent research and study, and other avenues available.
- Rapidly respond to emergency situations, including direct response as well as coordination of other IT/Network staff, both during and outside of normal business hours.
- He will be responsible in leading the technical team on day to day routine, e.g. design, network growth strategy, budgeting and implementation of efficient systems, customer technical support, architect for customer solutions and sales team liaison for RFQs, Bidding and ensuring customer SLA levels are met and exceeded
- Ensure that technical team performs within set technical guidelines by providing or co-authoring standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for Internal SLA to departments/ group companies and External SLA to customers/partners.
- Play a key role in product development from R&D to building it and presenting to Sales for marketing & sales
- Timely weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual report
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience Required for the position
- To qualify you must have a minimum of 8 years technical and management experience at executive –level (experience on GPON,SDH, VSAT & Wimax will be an added advantages).
- CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIE / CCIE written or practical preferred
- The ideal candidate must have strong leadership skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Information Technology/Comp Science / MBA preferred.
- Experience advising and communicating with non-technical staff and guiding technical decisions
- 5+ years of expertise in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers, and monitoring applications
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD), and possess an understanding of how to support these applications / protocols when accessed through VPN and firewall appliances.
- Experience deploying an enterprise campus Wi-Fi network
- Understanding and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, authentication and authorization technology.
- Hands on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, WebVPN, AnyConnect, DMVPN, etc.)
- Configuring network services using open source technologies on Linux servers
- Willingness to engage in mentoring more junior staff members and interns
- Experience in a fast paced support environment in a campus networks as a member of a 24x7x365 network and/or security operations team.
- Expert level skills with Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- VMware Enterprise administration experience
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products, independently using documentation and online resources
- Strong combination of strategic planning, communication, interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a team
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application and CV to email@example.com subject heading NETWORK ENGINEER- IP not later than 26th August 2016
SimbaNET COM Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer competitive compensation to the right candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.