Business Unit: SimbaNET Kenya Limited
Report to: HOD Sales – Enterprise
Profile and Main Purpose of the Job: SimbaNET Com Limited is part of The Wananchi Group and one East African’s leading internet, data and entertainment companies, first Triple Play brand, incorporating broadband internet, cable television and voice services.
- To achieve prescribed level of sales and performance in key areas and maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
- To work and collaborate with internal departments, pre and post sales, to ensure that all aspect of the sales are achieved effectively and on time.
- To proactively establish relationships with partners, key business organizations, government bodies and other bodies where required.
- To provide regular feedback from the marketplace on the effectiveness and suitability of the products and services and new product requirements.
- To prepare and submit weekly reports as requested by sales management.
- To attend sales and training meetings arranged by the company and Sales Management as appropriate.
- To provide a positive and professional image of the role and the company both to customers and colleagues at all times.
- Identifying and developing suitable prospects to approach for selling company Products, Solutions and Services
- Negotiating rates for proposed product or solutions.
- Building a reputable client database
- Drafting Agreements and following up with the customers for signing after receiving an LPO
- Following up with the Project Team on a quick and smooth implementation after receiving an LPO.
- Follow up payments of customers after the invoice has been raised – 1st Payment only.
- Corporate, Government and other Vertical market – Pursue large special projects and all tenders that are viable and profitable.
- Collections – Work with government and projects accounts to ensure payments that are due are made in a timely fashion
- Information Exchange – Submit detailed and accurate weekly and monthly reports
- Client Relations
- To ensure the customers’ expectations are met, that they get their money’s worth, collection, ensure all customers have valid contracts, customer visit and feedback, customer retention.
- To manage and administer customer accounts including schedule of activities, costs, invoicing and follow-up.
- Responsible for fore fronting the Client Relations team, which shall be overseeing the building lasting business partnerships with our corporate clients
- Responsible for all aspects of a Client Management Process to ensure a high level of satisfaction
- Implement a solution to a client by ensuring that all key project aspects are delivered within a timely and professional manner
- Ensure all clients has valid contracts
- Assist the Corporate Sales Manager if required particular on: Sales for the range of products; Direct sales to regional end users where appropriate; Quotations; Marketing support; Exhibitions
- Work with the Client Accounts Manager to assist in efforts to collect amounts from various government entities and affiliates
- Provide accurate feedback on progress made in weekly and monthly reports
- Submit detailed and accurate weekly and monthly reports
- A degree or HND in any commercial related field or Information Technology or any other suitable discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years corporate selling experience in Telecommunications – ISP, PDNO, GSM operators, Resellers etcetera.
- Should have good knowledge of customer relations and vastly networked.
- Good knowledge of (but not limited to) – Wimax, Fiber and VSAT technologies, would be an added advantage
- Ability to multi task and deliver on other tasks as may be assigned by the superiors from time to time, with minimum supervision.
- Of good temperament, right attitude, innovative and responsive in carrying out their duties.
- Excellent communications skills and strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Kiswahili (spoken)
- Ability to grasp the fundamentals of Sales and manage the cycle
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts, work under pressure, deliver to meet deadlines
- Must be self‐driven, motivated, enthusiastic, positive and pleasant individual who is result oriented
- Ability to interface and communicate professionally and politely at all levels within a corporate environment
- Must have emotional maturity to enable them to work with customers who may sometimes be upset
- Must pay attention to detail to ensure all aspects of customer satisfaction are covered
- Must be a team player and can demonstrate the ability to work with the various departments within the company to achieve the shared Vision
- Ability to accurately report sales figures, trends and customer requirements
- Ability to assume responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work product
- Ability to manage staff as well as facilitate change
- Willingness to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays as in when needed
He/she should be able to follow instructions and plans of action.
Professional and personal ethics are essential.
Most importantly, this individual should have a positive attitude towards work and view it as a means of intellectual achievement as well as that of living.
Respect, Openness, Flexible
How to Apply
SimbaNET COM Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will offer competitive compensation to the right candidate.