Job Description: Store Keeper
Job Summary: Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, administers the operations of a store. Receives, verifies and sells merchandise.
Provides information to and assists customers. Prepares purchase requisitions. Maintains inventory. Maintains files and prepares reports.
- Receive, unpack, and track merchandise.
- Move goods from the warehouse to the loading dock.
- Keeps a record of all items that enter or leave the stockroom and inspect for damaged goods.
- Retrieve customer orders and ready them for delivery.
- Must weigh, measure, check, sample, and keep accurate records on materials, supplies, and other equipment that enters a warehouse.
- Issue material to production department as per material request note.
- Verify the quantity and quality of items they are assigned, checking for defects and recording what they find.
- Prepare reports on warehouse inventory levels.
- Daily material consumption entries.
- Compile reports on the progress of work and on any production problems that arise.
- Set workers’ schedules, estimate costs, keep track of materials, and write special orders for new materials.
- Keep track of and record all outgoing and incoming shipments and ensure that they have been filled correctly.
- Ensure that orders are correctly processed in their company’s computer system
- Prepare and update stock sheet
- Maintains equipment and instruments. Ensures cleanliness of work areas
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- One year experience in procurement is necessary
- Basic math skills are necessary
- Excellent Communication skills – both written and spoken
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a MUST
- Must be organized, neat and able to meat deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter. Also indicate your current remuneration and expected remuneration.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 7th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted