Vacancy: Tours Consultant
Job Ref: TWC/TC/7
About our client: Our client operates in more than 150 countries.
They provide specialised services in business travel management.
They are looking for a Tours Consultant to be based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all agent and client enquiries are responded to fully on the same day.
- Ensure that quotations are submitted in a timely manner, are complete in all details and that presentations are of the highest possible quality.
- Sell ‘Add-on’ excursions, tours, transfers, accommodation and other extras.
- Seek the assistance of Senior Tour Consultants on issues of buying price and selling price.
- Ensure that all necessary bookings are made and confirmed for proposals accepted by Client.
- Issue all necessary vouchers and purchase orders to secure services and service options upon confirmation by service provider.
- Take ownership of the booking to ensure that customer care of the highest quality is delivered.
- Ensure any cancellation is acknowledged in writing by service provider.
- Ensure any cancellation charges are invoiced and collected.
- Ensure all transfers and safaris are booked and acknowledged by Transport Department.
- Liaise with Senior Tour Consultants in the event of any difficulties with an itinerary, accommodation or transport.
- Solve or assist in solving problems of whatever nature, for the benefit of the traveler.
- Ensure all payments due to be made for accommodation subject to prepayment or deposit, are made.
- Take part as required in overtime and weekend duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of payment procedures and routines.
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Good understand of client customer service requirement and travel policy
- Must have IATA or GDS training certificate
- A minimum of 5 years progressive working experience with a travel agency
- A detailed knowledge of the local geography and emergency services.
- Detailed knowledge of ground handling and tour management
- Decisiveness and tough-mindedness.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and a detailed knowledge of the operation of Galileo
- Well organised and can manage a team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted