Vacancy: Tours Manager
Job Ref: TWC/TM/6
About our client: Our client operates in more than 150 countries. They provide specialised services in business travel management.
They are looking for a Tours Manager to be based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all agent and client enquiries are responded to fully within 24 hours of the request.
- Ensure that quotations are submitted in a timely manner, are complete in all details that package presentation is of the highest possible quality and consultants are up selling on every booking.
- Ensure that all necessary bookings are made and confirmed for proposals accepted by client.
- Coordinate aspects of the tours booking process with all other relevant departments including transfers and transport; invoicing and payment – accounts; group fares – travel
- Handle client complaints as and when they arise.
- Assisting in development of domestic and international packages and suggesting interesting travel routes or places of interest.
- Identify new business opportunities new markets; new packages; new destination.
- Get involved with marketing of Tours packages by identifying new marketing channels and taking advantage of existing channels i.e website; social media
- Coordinate activities with the (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Events) MICE department. Coordinating MICE events with various other departments – Sales and Marketing, Travel and Travel Implants.
- Negotiating rates with suppliers for: various seasons based on sales, for groups, for loyal clients and contract rates.
- Arrange and organise familiarisation (FAM) trips for staff of the company with suppliers and ensuring the roster and reports are managed.
- Attend tourism events; conferences; workshops; fairs; seminars.
- Conduct monthly department staff meetings and visit branch offices on a weekly basis.
- Arrange necessary trainings for the Tours Department when they are required.
- Assist with interviewing prospective staff, coordinate and ensure that new staff in the department are integrated and fit in well to the department.
- Liaise with Tour consultants in the event of any difficulties with an itinerary, accommodation and transport.
- Solve or assist in solving problems of whatever nature, for the benefit of the Traveler.
- Manage the branch duty rosters with the Leisure and Tours Director.
- Coordinate office cleaning at branches and various other activities with Support team.
- Take part as required in overtime and weekend duties.
- Conduct monthly sales meetings with Tours Consultants with Leisure and Tours Director in attendance.
- Ensure each Tours Consultant is in the correct role, along with Leisure and Tours Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of payment procedures and routines.
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Good understand of client customer service requirement and travel policy
- Must have IATA or GDS training certificate
- A minimum of 5 years progressive working experience with a travel agency
- A detailed knowledge of the local geography and emergency services.
- Detailed knowledge of ground handling and tour management
- Decisiveness and tough-mindedness.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and a detailed knowledge of the operation of Galileo
- Well organised and can manage a team
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted